- Tod's Says Creative Director Facchinetti to Leave Company - Reuters
- Why Sports Authority Is Likely To Close All 463 Stores - Fortune
- Scoop NYC Is Closing Every Store - Racked NY
- Gap Realizes It Needs to Make Some Changes as Sales Continue To Plummet - Fashionista
- Macy's Investors Brace For Another Rough Quarter - CNBC
- Macy's Needs More Change, Less Hope - Bloomberg
- Rescuing Ralph Lauren Won't Be Quick - Bloomberg
TDH EDITOR'S NOTE: It's earnings call time again in Retail and there is a flurry of bad news. Customers just aren't in the malls and in the stores anymore. Old school ways don't work anymore and to fix the big retailers and brands is like trying to turn around the Titanic. It not only takes time, it takes vision and bravery. A longer commentary to follow on all this.
FOR BUSINESS OWNERS:
TDH EDITOR'S NOTE: Heed the above
FOR GUN LOVERS AND OPPORTUNISTS:
TDH EDITOR'S NOTE: Click on the "About" section above to learn about my path into fashion. As a graduate of Cornell University, my studies largely focused on functional apparel; designing and building clothing and accessories that considered end-use, wearer's needs, and incorporating material science and technology to execute best in class product. The blend of function and fashion in pursuit of the dollar in this case however raises an interesting discussion on ethics and values. I welcome your comments below.
FOR INDUSTRY DISRUPTERS & INNOVATORS:
- Is Jill Lindsey the Busiest Woman in Brooklyn - Racked
- Campfire Capital Leads Series A Financing for FIGS, a Medical Apparel Startup Disrupting $9Billion Market - PR Web
TDH EDITOR'S NOTE: THIS is the future of fashion and I want in! Read more about FIGS HERE