Thursday, February 1, 2018

Balenciaga Jumbo Logo Scarf

I've never been a big fan of logos or blatant branding. I even get turned-off from buying something when a zipper pull or a button has a name on it. Probably the only obvious logo item I covet is the Hermes Evelyn bag.  It's so Upper East Side-y but it's also so utilitarian and practical.

These scarves were all over the place and kind of started the trend because jumbo logos are showing up on everyone's collections. Admittedly, street-style stars make them look pretty good but street-style stars make everything look good.

Paris Fashion Week S/S 2017 photo by Sandra Semberg
Collage Vintage
InStyle Germany January 2018
{via}

Is this just gratuitous advertising or simply part of Demna Gvasalia's Anti-Fashion Fashion thing?  All I know is I love Balenciaga's Ugly-Cool "Dad" trainers, more formally known as "The Triple S." They're about $850 and completely sold out. I want the green/yellow/camel ones.  And yeah, I see "Balenciaga" on the side so maybe some branding is OK.

{via}
Who What Wear UK
Who What Wear UK
Sneaker Boy on Instagram
CVSHED on Instagram
CVSHED on Instagram
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment