Monday, March 19, 2018

Delpozo

I'm not exactly known for my colorful wardrobe. Likewise, as smaller person whose main accessory is usually my fluffy hair, prints can often be overwhelming....not a lot of real estate to work with. I do however love stripes and am always drawn to graphic color blocking.

I'm doing research for a new project and everything I'm loving right now is from Delpozo.  I mean EVERYTHING.  I would give a very close runner-up to MSGM and Roksanda.

Delpozo is a Spanish heritage brand that's been around for over 40 years. In 2011, upon the death of founder Jesus del Pozo, Josep Font, who trained as an architect, joined the house. As a relatively low profile talent, Font captured the attention of an international audience with his bold, colorful expression and totally reinvented the brand.

Some of these images have been floating around the internet for a long time but every time I search Delpozo on Pinterest I discover things I never saw before; a treasure-trove of happy delights.

When you look at each season in succession you see the evolution and confidence of a designer's vision and in the aggregate, the body of Font's work shows how continuity lends itself to a very strong brand image. Among a sea of same-same clothing, Delpozo offers a design POV unlike few others. The integrity is palpable. There is no copying, riffing or paying "homage" to anyone else and Zara certainly won't be able to do his vision justice.

I'm only featuring sweaters of course but to really get a sense of Font's exquisite use of color, head over to Vogue.com to look at all of the Delpozo shows. Each collection is outstanding and truly captures Font's skill with sculptural shape, pattern juxtaposition, palette, and presentation.

I a quick trip through the seasons to trace the evolution of Delpozo's knits below:

Fall/Winter 2018
Available to pre-order at Moda Operandi

I've featured this picture before but it's just so good it deserves another look.

Pre-Fall 2018

A few more from the same season.

Pre-Fall 2018
Pre-Fall 2018

Note the intarsia cardigan in the background.

Spring/Summer 2018 - Backstage 
Resort 2018
Fall/Winter 2017
Spring/Summer 2017
Resort 2017
Pre-Fall 2016
Pre-Fall 2016
Chiara Ferragni
Fall/Winter 2015
Fall/Winter 2015 Detail
Spring/Summer 2015
Fall/Winter 2014
Spring/Summer 2014
{via}
Spring/Summer 2014
Fall/Winter 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment