Monday, May 2, 2016

Transfer Ribs | Victoria Beckham S/S 2016

The white, the fluidity, the fuss-free attitude.  Victoria Beckham's Spring/Summer 2016 Collection did exactly what she set out to do: surprise.  

While I've always credited her with being a serious designer rather than another celebrity engaging in a vanity project, I can't say I'm a typical Victoria Beckham customer.  However, now that all the Spring collections are almost on sale I went back and took another look at her show and I can safely say I've been converted.  I want these clothes!  No gimmicks mucking up the presentation or towering heels suitable only for women who scoot around town with private drivers.  These clothes almost literally could walk off the runway and into someone's daily wardrobe rotation...money aside of course.

As a knitwear designer I am truly impressed with the technical prowess of these rib knits.  While there's a hint of Celine here, Beckham has carved out a new niche for herself with these silhouettes; something softer and less overtly sexy yet still sublimely chic.







No comments:

Post a Comment